Dear guests and visitors
Due to construction works, the railroad line between Stansstad and Engelberg will be closed from 22 March to 18 April 2021. Rail replacement buses will operate.
A delightful path leads along the fen to the Eggeligrat vantage point, followed by a narrow path to the Wellenberg, where you need to be sure-footed and have a head for heights. Fantastic views of Wolfenschiessen and the Bürgenberg await on the Wellenberg. After a descent in elevation of around 400 metres, we reach the Bettelrüti chapel, another spot with magnificent panoramic views; it was built in 1700 in memory of Brother Konrad Scheuber. The path then continues to Altzellen to the St. Joder's chapel and then back down into the Engelberg valley and the Grafenort chapel. From there we follow the Aawasser to the Sebastian chapel in Dörfli, which was built after a plague epidemic in 1620. The path continues back to Wolfenschiessen.
- Church of Maria Geburt, Wolfenschiessen
- Beinhaus, Wolfenschiessen
- Chapel Heilig-Kreuz, Oberrickenbach
- Chapel zur schmerzhaften Mutter, Stutzkapelle Burgholz
- Chapel Bettelrüti, Altzellen
- Chapel St. Joder, Altzellen
- Chapel Grafenort
- Chapel St. Sebastian im Dörfli
Brochure: Engelberg valley chapel path