- Fry the shoulder well all over in hot oil using an ovenproof pan.
- Remove the meat and season it.
- Fry the sauce vegetables, add the tomato puree and continue to fry. Douse with 1dl red wine and reduce it considerably.
- Add the remaining wine and veal stock and bring to the boil.
- Add the meat and spices, cover and braise in the oven at 180°C until soft (about 3 hours).
- When the meat is soft, let it rest, keeping it warm.
- Pass the sauce through a fine sieve, reduce to the desired consistency and season to taste.
Serve with potatoes and vegetables.