In the winter sport area Wirzweli you can expect more than 30 km of signposted snowshoe trails in different difficulty levels and distances.
Snowshoes incl. poles can be rented directly next to the top station of the Dallenwil-Wirzweli cable car.
1/2 day CHF 18.00
1 day CHF 21.00
2 days CHF 30.-
Price per couple. Insurance is the responsibility of the tenant.
In Maria Rickenbach you will find four well signposted and avalanche safe snowshoe routes in different distances.
- Route 1, 4 km, 2 h
- Route 2, 5 km, 2 h 30 min
- Route 3, 7 km, 3 h 15 min
- Route 4, 8 km, 3 h 30 min
-> to the trails (german only)
- Guided snowshoe hikes Winter 2019/22 (german only): If you don't want to go on your own, you can join a guided snowshoe hike.
Snowshoe equipment is available at the valley station of the Dallenwil-Niederrickenbach aerial cableway.
In the nature paradise on the Bannalp above Oberrickenbach there is a marked snowshoe trail. The winter season usually lasts from mid-December to the end of March.
- Snowshoe trail Bannalp (german only), easy, around 3km, 1h 10 min, Bannalp, Chrützhütte-Bannalpsee-Urnerstaffel-Bannalp, Chrützhütte.
Snow shoe rental
Snowshoes can be hired at the valley station of the cable car Fell-Chrüzhütte, Bannalp.
Snowshoes including poles cost CHF 10.00 per day/pair.
In the Klewenalp-Vierwaldstättersee region, non-skiers will also get their money's worth. The romantic and snow-covered winter landscape is a safe hike along well-pathed paths.
- Twäregg Trail, easy, 4 km, 1h 40 min, Klewenalp - Schneebar - Klewenalp. The snowshoe trail is mostly above the fog line.
arena sport Station Klewenalp: Tel. +41 41 620 03 16
Snowshoes including poles cost per day/pair CHF 19.-, 1/2 day/pair CHF 15.-.
Niederbauen valley station: Tel. +41 41 620 33 40